About ServiceNow Application
Cloudify Application is a scoped application that provides ServiceNow users an integration interface to Cloudify environments, using Catalog items that will be added to your default service portal under Cloudify Resources.
The Application provides:
- The ability to connect to multiple Cloudify Managers with different tenants.
- Admin Tasks for integration with Cloudify Manager:
- Upload Blueprint
- Create Environment
- Manage Environment
- Update Environment
- Delete Environment
- Setup Cloud Account -AWS/Azure-.
- Certified environments.
- Various Resources.
ServiceNow version: Quebec Release
The Application can be installed like any other Application - through the official ServiceNow Store :
- Log into ServiceNow Store with ServiceNow HI credentials.
- Search for Cloudify in the search box. Application information appears in the search results.
- From the search results, click Cloudify. Information about the application is displayed.
- In the right pane of the application window, view the Compatibility section to ensure that the integration application is compatible with the version of ServiceNow that you require.
- In the right pane of the application window, click the Get button. A notice appears.
- At the bottom of the notice, click Continue.
- On the Purchase of Cloudify page, choose the Make available on specific instances radio button and click the Select button. A Select Instances dialog appears.
- In the Available Instances pane, double-click the instance that you want the application to be available on and click OK.
- Log into the ServiceNow instance where you made the integration application available. (You selected this instance in Step 7).
- In the Filter navigator, enter System Applications, and then under System Applications, click Applications. The Applications list appears.
- Click the Downloads tab. The Downloads list appears.
- Scroll to the Cloudify application, and click the Install button. The application now appears in the ServiceNow menu, displayed in the left-hand navigation panel as Cloudify.
You can refer to the ServiceNow official support video :
One more video that demonstrates our application installation :
The application consists of 3 main tables :
- x_clop2_cloudify_configs : this table is used to hold Cloudify Manager tenants endpoints.
- x_clop2_cloudify_deployments : this table is used to keep track of the deployments created by which users.
- x_clop2_cloudify_executions : this table is used to keep track of deployments executions statuses.
The application contains 2 main roles that can be assigned to ServiceNow users :
- x_clop2_cloudify.admin : Application admin role where the user will have access to application menu and all of the modules, the ability to select all of the config records despite being customized to be for a specific group , can also see all records in the deployments and executions tables.
- x_clop2_cloudify.user : Application user role where the user will have access to the catalog resources from the service portal and the ability to select the config records that are either assigned to the user group or with no group specified to it.
You can watch this video that explains the roles :
You can watch this video that shows the roles in action :
You can watch this video that shows the config visibility for users :
Application Getting Started
the following video will help guide you through getting started :