Upload Terraform Blueprints from the Marketplace
Getting Started guide to uploading and deploying Terraform based blueprints from the marketplace.
- Cloudify Manager Version 6.4
- Terraform module archive available from a URL
- Credentials to AWS. AWS credentials can be created by following the guide here.
In this guide we are going through following steps to upload a blueprint based on Terraform from the marketplace and test it.
- Upload the Blueprint to Cloudify Manager
- Test the uploaded blueprint by creating a deployment and installing it
Step 1: Upload the Blueprint
There are several places where to can enter the Marketplace Terraform section.
- Dashboard -> Run Terraform module button
- Blueprints Page -> Run Terraform module button
- Blueprints Page -> Upload button -> upload from the marketplace, select the Terraform tab
Click the upload button, After the upload has finished you will be forwarded to the blueprint’s page
Step 2: Test the blueprint by creating a Deployment and Installing it
- Click The Create Deployment Button
- Review the inputs in the Deployment Creation dialog
- You would be prompted to define the credentials to the cloud as secrets, those will be propagated to the Terraform Module. AWS credentials can be created by following the guide here
Step 3: Verify the installation.
- Inspect the install workflow execution graph until it will finished, The bars of the execution graph will turn green when operations will finish.
- Review the logs section of the deployment’s page
- Click the Deployment info tab and review the outputs section, There you will find the outputs of the terraform module defined in the blueprint