Customization of Cloudify Management Console can be done on different levels:
- Widget level - you can change look’n’feel and behavior of specific widgets by changing their configuration
- Page level - you can change pages content by modifying (adding, removing, resizing, reordering) widgets on the page
- Template level - you can change set of pages by modifying (adding, removing, changing title and description) each page
- Layout level - you can change the style (colors, fonts, etc.) of the whole application
This section describes how to customize Cloudify Management Console on 3 different levels: widget, page and template. There are basically two different methods to do that. Depending on your user permissions and whether you want the changes to be applied for the other users as well (not only you), you can take one of the approaches:
- User-level change - changes will be applied only for your user
- System-level change - changes will be applied on the whole application
To modify widgets and pages on your own, without affecting other users, you can use Edit Mode.
To make similar changes, but apply it to other users, you need to use Templates Management feature.
Customizing texts, labels and URLs
You can override certain texts, labels and URLs used in the Cloudify Management Console (header content, product name, URLs to external data stores, etc.) by using Labels Overrides file.
You can change styling of the Cloudify Management Console by changing related parts of User Configuration file.
Adding custom widgets
In addition to the default widgets, you can create your own and add them to the widgets catalog. See Writing Widgets for details.