Cloudify High Availability Cluster Upgrade Guide
This guide explains how to upgrade Cloudify to the new Cloudify Manager HA active-active cluster version.
Since the old version of Cloudify cluster was active-passive, the guide is the same for both this case and the Cloudify All-In-One case.
The best-practice to upgrade Cloudify is on new hosts, therefore a new host should be created for every existing Manager.
Upgrade to new hosts
- Create and download a snapshot from the existing Manager. Please refer to the Backup and restore guide for further instructions.
- Install a new Cloudify cluster. Please refer to the Cloudify cluster installation guide for further instructions.
- After the cluster and CLI installation is done, ssh into all Managers except one (best practice - 2 out of 3) and run
cfy_manager stop. This would stop Cloudify services on these hosts.
- Copy the snapshot to the last Manager (the only active one).
- Ssh into this Manager, upload the snapshot, and restore it. Please refer to the Backup and restore guide for further instructions.
- After the restore is done, connect to the inactive Managers, and on each one run
- Reinstall agents. Please refer to the Agents installation guide for further instructions.
- Delete old host/s.