Get the latest docsYou are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? Go to the current release documentation.
Cloudify enables you to deploy applications using two main methods:
- Using the CLI only
- Using Cloudify Manager
Cloudify Manager is a dedicated environment comprising an open-source stack which enables you to:
- Utilize plugins (such as Docker, Script, Chef and Puppet plugins) to manage application hosts
- Keep a directory of your blueprints
- Create multiple deployments for each blueprint and install them
- Execute healing, scaling and other custom workflows on your installed applications
- Run multiple workflows concurrently
- View an application’s topology and perform different tasks using the Cloudify Web UI
- View metrics
- Search logs
In addition, Cloudify Manager:
- Provides a secure environment for managing applications via pluggable authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Retains a history of metrics and events
- Manages agents running on an application’s host machines
Although you can use Cloudify to provision resources directly from the CLI, use Cloudify Manager to manage production-level applications.
For more information about Cloudify Manager, see the Cloudify Manager section later in this user’s guide.